Friday, October 13, 2006

How do I love thee?

At my brand new job just shy of two weeks, there are a couple of things I have come to find deeply comforting. One, our office is just next door to a sprawling gourmet food and cooking supply store...and two, we are strongly encouraged to take an hour-long lunch. (Of course, this will soon be counter-balanced by upcoming deadlines and long workdays...but who's complaining?) On Wednesday, I spent my entire lunch hour combing aisles for tasty treats, and was happy to have come across The Fine Cheese Co. cracker varieties. Besides tasting like something your grandmother would have made from scratch if she were living in Bath, England....the packaging is absolutely exquisite. I love that the flavors directly relate to cheese compatibility, with cheese suggestions graphically incorporated into the package design. While taking my lunch break on Thursday, I decided to check out the The Fine Cheese Co.'s website. I found this to be quite funny.....

Cheese Wedding Cakes
"If you know a bride who would like a wedding cake with a twist, why not think about a tiered cake of cheese? We can offer a range of cakes suitable for 30 to 300 people. Just let us have a simple brief of cheese likes and dislikes and numbers to feed, and we will suggest the right cake from our repertoire."
(www.finecheese.co.uk)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you have a great place to escape to. Hope you're doing well at your new job.

7:31 PM  
Blogger m said...

Holy! How much would a cheese wedding cake cost? A gigantic wheel of gourmet cheese? Now that's talking extravagant... (As well as a good chance of some sorely disappointed sweet tooths.)

11:48 AM  
Blogger susan said...

i love the fine cheese co crackers, especially the charcoal ones. don't tell me you work next to surfas?! in which case you are much more luckier than me bc i am forced to have 30 min lunches and also there's nothing good to get around here. :/

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home